My friend dropped her Moto X into the deep end of a pool without noticing. It remained there for roughly 5 minutes before it was retrieved. Instantly it was put in rice for 16 hours but afterwards it wasnt working correctly and remained stuck in a bootloop. At that point it was taken apart and cleaned using alcohol and left to dry. It was no longer working. A few days later I tried to change the battery but it didnt help as the device just stayed off or in a bootloop depending which battery I connected. I left the Moto X open for another week to dry out completely with all of the original parts assembled. Today I plug it in and to my surprise it turns on and works as normal, but every time I unplug it, it would turn off. This happened around 3 times and then I decided to leave it on the charger to let it reach 100. In a few minutes the battery went from 56% to 100% and then it said fully charged. After some heating up and rebooting, it just started working normally. So if your Moto X is heavily water damaged (water has been forced inside by pressure), open it and just let it dry for a week and you should be good to go. The nanocoating seems to have worked out well in this case.