Finally, the update has arrived, but not for everyone…including me. So if you go here over at Android Police, you can find the zip file that you can manually install. You can put it on the root of your device and just go to the stock recovery and apply update since it is an official update. I did it this way and it worked fine for me. Overall, the update is great so I will list the nice new things and I will also list the bad new things.
- New Dialer
- Search Feature in Settings
- Clear Image Feature
- Performance Improvements
- App Drawer Grid is Now 6 Rows
- Gestures Won’t Activate While in Pocket
- Camera Features/Settings Tightened Up
- Audio Recording Issues Fixed (Quality Is Still Bad Though)
- Heads Up Notifications (If you like them)
- New Launcher (Transition Settings and more!)
- Update 8/17/2014: Much worse battery life, getting around half the usage compared to before. A fix was promised to come soon though.
- Screen is Now Too Blue (Let us choose the warmth please)
- Back Removed From Settings Top Nav Bar
- Clear Image Requires a Stable Hand/Tripod (Fine with me :D)
Enjoy the video below showing everything I just wrote about:
Update 8/23/2014: Update XNPH33R Incremental
This update is supposed to address the battery life issues and have security fixes. So far I have not noticed any real difference, but I will make a video after testing it for a few days to see how it is after it settles.
Update 9/18/2014: The update did not help much and the battery drain is still present as are the serious touch issues.
Update 10/7/2014: CM 11S 38R Update is out. It is supposed to fix the many things that were wrong. Check here for the changelog.
2 thoughts on “OnePlus One 4.4.4 Update XNPH30O Review (CM 11s) (Updated)”
Is there a chance to test the phone with Antutu? i have some performance drop after the update.. it is like 4000point down.
I tested it and got 35,948. I am on ART though.